Junkspace: good or bad...

"Anything stretched, limousines, body parts, planes, turns into to junkspace, its original concept abused”

“Globalization turns language into junkspace. Junkspace is a look no hands world”

We live in the 21st century, bigger, better, and faster. I can do anything from order pizza to buy drugs on my iPhone. Technology advancements has allowed us to develop junkspace, the economy has allowed us to inhabit it. But, worst of all, we want junkspace. Urban-suburban-rural, it exists at every level. Personally, I like planes, limousines, and black friday shopping. My generation loathes in junkspace & globalization. Is this really a bad thing? Nobody wants a walmart at every corner, or a internal city shopping mall in every town, but were all guilty of enjoying the pleasures of junkspace. The world is now flat, I can connect with anyone anywhere with a simple click of a mouse. Lets be real, junkspace is unavoidable. 

Comments

  1. I agree Justin, but I think JUNKSPACE can and will ultimately become unavoidable. In the sense of . With the growing trend of internet shopping, yes we fill our minds and homes with junk. However, I believe with the trend headed away from public spaces and the employment of technology will allow for spaces like the mall to be less inhabited. There is proof of this with Macy's shutting down several of it's stores and downsizing their employees due to online shopping. This is one step in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that junkspace has become an unavoidable part of todays society, but I think that if we continue to let junkspace grow without any control or reason then we are looking at a very poor quality of future that is filled with junk. Would you get married in a Walmart ? Because if we continue to allow the spread of walmart and shopping malls we are going to be left with very few quality spaces.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts