Architecture Can't Save You

 

Starting an architectural theory class with the ideologies of Tafuri came as a surprise to me.

Hearing that architecture does not have a solution for society really shocked me after spending

so many years contemplating how I can use architecture to better society. Throughout my

education, I have become more and more interested in finding ways a building can function as

more than just a structure. For example, net zero buildings and passive architecture opened my

eyes to the possibilities of a building. When studying Tafuri’s architecture crisis and hearing that

architecture in its purest form is sublime uselessness I could not agree less. For me architecture

has the opportunity to address the environment around it and service a true purpose.

Comments

Popular Posts