I was happy to be there!

 

Junk space is where you live. Only, you probably don’t know it yet.

In “Junkspace,” Koolhaas explains how the contemporary architecture of shopping malls and business centers diminishes architectural contexts. Junkspace follows no directions; it has no inherent order and no influences. In Junkspace, cities of production and consumption growth reach the climax of modernism, leaving the inhabitants no chance of escape.



But to me, I feel like a junk place is where I have spent most of my university life hanging out with my friends on weekends and sometimes bunking classes. I don’t feel junk place is so called ‘Junkplace’! Moreover, I feel like it’s a place of interaction and a place of exchanging products/money which eventually helps people to earn their livelihood. I think architecture is successful if it fulfills its purpose and allows people to use it perfectly. I don’t think it should be addressed as ‘Junk’ at the end of the day.




Comments

Popular Posts