Freedom to Remake

" The freedom to make and remake ourselves and our cities is...one of the most precious yet most neglected of our human rights" 

    - David Harvey

 

Can I just say how absolutely thrilled I am to be reading Communist propaganda in grad school. I am so glad Clemson is confirming how absurdly left academia is, and how marxism has infiltrated every corner of education.  


Indeed, the perceived freedom to remake ourselves in our own image is exactly what lead to the death of millions and millions. When will academics learn that no, we cannot actually remake ourselves, or radically transform society.

The Fruits of Utopia
The Fruits of Utopia




Exploding "planet of slums."



Comments

  1. I think the big mistake is that humans tend to misinterpret "change" when it comes to the way they perceive society. Glad you brought it up, and to me, "change" comes from understanding, not imposing what we believe "is better" for everyone. It is not unusual and it is going to keep happening as the world shift and traditions, foundations, and values that once were the backbones of progress are going to gradually fade like drops of rain on a window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always I welcome the disagreement, but I think your comment is quite unfair Lee. I have taught and discussed this article, and the notion of the right to the city, in conferences and classrooms from Europe and the US for almost ten years, starting with a Catholic School in Madrid, and no one has ever assessed it as "Communist Propaganda". I hope today's class helped clarify what it is really about.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts