The routine of daily life

How many times during a day have you seen your neighbor? How often do you talk to your neighbor? For me, the answer is rare. My daily routine is wake up in the morning at home, then go to school, and go back home after school. This art showed exactly my routine at home every day. The installation consists of a small closed cell where the walls are crossed with ladders connecting small platforms. On different levels are located pieces of furniture which support the basic acts of daily living: cooking, sleeping, washing, and studying. The living routine is simulated by the ladders which ascend and descend while connecting the platforms, thus becoming an endless loop of spaces and actions.





Alexander Brodsky (1955) is a Russian architect and artist famous for his narrative works on the brink between different disciplines. His production has always been about questioning ways of living through interpretations of the space or taking critical viewpoints on Russian cities development through time.

Comments

  1. This really reminds me of the old days. When I was young, we lived in a building. But we all know each other because the building is built by my mother's company. So all the people have some other relationships besides neighbourhood. I think it's really hard that architects can create some special space which can change the situation that we have little communication with our neighbors. But I still think we architects should do some efforts to change the situation right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The example you mentioned is really interesting. I also have the similar experience with Chen. I think that also explains why we always mention the sense of community when we try to build a new residence. The community feeling would probably be the key point for a successful project. The relationship with our neighbors, buildings and surrounding environment will also affects our daily life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts