In Between Spaces

 




I was really inspired by the lecture about activating in between spaces. I was especially inspired by Fumihiko Maki and the Franc Harmon's Seven Sisters House in St. Helena Island, SC. Both designers spoke to our comprehensive projects in dynamic ways. Harmon's project captures the essence of the Charleston Style home in a very beautiful and southern way. With most of the house being a like a big front porch, I am inspired to reflect those patterns in our design for our project. I also appreciate Maki for his conversation around patterns and master planning. We are also creating a plan that strives to activate spaces around the built environment, creating 'street rooms' for people to utilize and have full agency. By far, this has been my favorite section in this class and I look forward to seeing how it speaks to our theme of patterns, pathways, and porches!

Comments

Popular Posts