Not a Facade Girly

 



I think the argument about building an envelope is an interesting one. Whether you believe it serves only for function or serves aesthetically, really shows how you approach design and your intentions as an architect. As an observer, the first impression of a building is the façade, but as the designer, it is typically the last impression as we are so ingrained in the floor plan and section from the start of the design. I will have to admit that this semester working on my comprehensive project, the façade was something that did not concern me as I was more focused on making sure the building was structurally sound. I do regret this though as I want the impression of the building to be strong for those as non-designers and to those who do not experience the floor plans (like I do when I look at the drawings).




Comments

Popular Posts